viernes, 27 de noviembre de 2015

English, a useful idiom but with a lot of exceptions.

English at university, I think it has been very useful; my biggest weakness is talking, the pronunciation, I can read almost anything and understand it, if I don’t understand a word I try to deduce it from the context, it works in large texts and large phrases but I doubt that it works in poetry, and for the writing I use phrases I remember from the novels I read. For those reasons I didn’t take the exemption exam, I wanted to improve my weaknesses and I think it worked. It helped that the teacher and classmates were friendly, at least I didn’t get bored in classes.
In regards to the blogs I think they are very useful, they help to know how to construct sentences about some things that are daily used and because of that they can help if we go abroad or meet a foreigner.

I use English almost every day. I read Asian novels, at the beginning I read the translations to Spanish but they were few, so on 2011 I decided to join a group of fans that translated from English, there I learnt quite a lot but translation was difficult for me because I link the English and Spanish words with images not between them, so I left the group. From then on I read the English translations and when I search information I can access to more sources. I also use English when I need things on Internet but not to the level of conversations, just requests. 


3 comentarios: